[FFmpeg-trac] #1189(documentation:closed): Seeking to timestamp 0 without AVSEEK_FLAG_BACKWARD results in seek to timestamp of 12

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri May 18 19:34:46 CEST 2012

#1189: Seeking to timestamp 0 without AVSEEK_FLAG_BACKWARD results in seek to
timestamp of 12
             Reporter:  mbradshaw    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Changes (by mbradshaw):

 * status:  reopened => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 I was thinking it would be nice to put a comment in the docs for
 av_seek_frame and avformat_seek_file informing the user they may want to
 check AVInputFormat.flags when seeking (for things like AVFMT_NO_BYTE_SEEK
 or AVFMT_SEEK_TO_PTS), but I suppose that could be opened as a different
 issue, as it deals with more than just this PTS vs DTS ticket.

 Most relevant demuxers haven't been updated with the new AVFMT_SEEK_TO_PTS
 flag, but I don't know which ones to update and I don't have time to dig
 through all the code to find which ones seek by PTS, so I think those can
 be opened as new tickets as they're found.

 I'll close this as fixed by Michael Niedermayer, as I believe his patch
 appropriately fixes this, and now the remaining work is just to make sure
 it's used properly.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1189#comment:4>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>