[FFmpeg-trac] #1339(avfilter:new): Auto insert fps filter as adapter for overlay filter inputs with different framerates

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon May 21 23:17:49 CEST 2012

#1339: Auto insert fps filter as adapter for overlay filter inputs with different
framerates
             Reporter:  annorax      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |

Comment (by annorax):

 Fair enough, but as I said even now the overlay filter isn't taking both
 streams' timestamps into account, so what I'm suggesting is the most
 easily obtainable "fix" for this use case, and I've seen many postings by
 people using the overlay filter the way I am.

 The current default behavior of the overlay filter (ending up with a fast-
 motion/slow motion overlay) is, to me, not as good as what I'm suggesting,
 and can be very confusing.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1339#comment:4>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>