[FFmpeg-trac] #1881(avformat:open): in24 Little Endian PCM audio (pcm_s24le) in mov decoded incorrectly as Big Endian (pcm_s24be)

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Nov 5 10:07:36 CET 2012

#1881: in24 Little Endian PCM audio (pcm_s24le) in mov decoded incorrectly as Big
Endian (pcm_s24be)
             Reporter:  irius         |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect        |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:                |  Reproduced by developer:  1
Analyzed by developer:  0             |

Comment (by irius):

 I've been investigating a little bit further how the endianess should be
 specified in the 'in24' codec.

 By default, ''''in24' samples are Big Endian, unless there is the 'enda'
 atom present''' in the "Sample description atom (stsd)" which according to
 Apple's QTRef_AtomsResources.pdf, "Determines the endian status of the
 sound component that interprets data contained in an audio atom list."

 Then, I checked if the file I provided has the 'enda' atom, and apparently
 it does.

 I attached a screenshot of dumpster.exe where you can see an unknown data
 field with the hex-value "0x656e6461" ('enda' in ASCII).

 So, I guess that for some reason''' ffmpeg does not parse this atom
 correctly'''.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1881#comment:8>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>