[FFmpeg-trac] #1913(undetermined:closed): Why file fails to open when saving frames from one file to other without any encoding/decoding?

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Nov 14 12:03:51 CET 2012

#1913: Why file fails to open when saving frames from one file to other without
any encoding/decoding?
             Reporter:  theateist    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by theateist):

 Replying to [comment:5 cehoyos]:
 > Replying to [comment:4 theateist]:
 > > Regarding my question I added
 > > {{{
 > > outStream->codec->bits_per_coded_sample =
 inStream->codec->bits_per_coded_sample;
 > > }}}
 > > and now both files(in and out) have pix_fmt=pal8, but
 WindowsMediaPlayer still fails to open the file

 > Does it work if you do the remuxing with ffmpeg (the application)?
 >
 > > and VLCPlayer now shows black screen without stripes as previously.
 >
 > Do you have any indication that vlc supports the original file?
 My mistake, I didn't tried opening FlickAnimation.avi with vlc before, but
 only with WMediaPlayer. Vlc opens FlickAnimation.avi and plays it, but the
 screen is black. The same is for out.avi file(after adding
 bits_per_coded_sample). But why WindowsMediaPlayer doesn't even success to
 open the out.avi file?

 Furthermore, I tried to use the same code for mp4 file. All success, but
 it plays only 90ms instead of 7 seconds. I checked the fps of the output
 file and it shows 533fps instead 25fps as in original mp4. Why?

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1913#comment:6>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>