[FFmpeg-trac] #1787(undetermined:new): Losing Silent Audio When Converting From Nellymoser Produced By Flash Media Server Recording

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Oct 4 15:11:55 CEST 2012

#1787: Losing Silent Audio When Converting From Nellymoser Produced By Flash Media
Server Recording
             Reporter:  eric@…       |                     Type:  defect
  Server                             |
             Blocking:               |
 Summary of the bug:

 Hi Developers!

 I am trying to stitch together two videos that are recorded from a Flash
 Media Server.
 Using AviSynth and FFMpeg I'm able to accomplish this!  ...But the audio
 doesn't
 convert correctly.  It's losing packets when converting the Nellymoser
 audio
 to any other format. (Ex: Wav, Mp4, Mp3)

 Example:  I start with an .flv and convert the audio to .wav and the sound
 clip changes
 from a duration of ~1:28 to a duration of ~0:35.

 I have done some research and solved my issue by setting the microphone
 silence level on
 the Adobe Flash object to 0, preventing null packets from being sent.
 This was encoding the audio and including packets that did not contain
 enough data,
 or something.

 If there is any way to fix this issue that chops off the silent packets of
 a Nellymoser
 encoded audio stream, you may want to consider adding it to the ffmpeg
 project.

 How to reproduce:
 {{{
 ffmpeg -i "E:\Frameserver\outputaudio.flv"
 "E:\Frameserver\outputaudio.wav"

 ffmpeg version used:
 ffmpeg version N-44727-gbbe9fe4 Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg
 developers
   built on Sep 24 2012 16:51:07 with gcc 4.7.1 (GCC)
   configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-pthreads
 --enable-runt
 ime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-
 libass -
 -enable-libcelt --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb
 --enable-l
 ibfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-
 libopenj
 peg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-
 libtheo
 ra --enable-libutvideo --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc
 --enable-li
 bvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid
 --ena
 ble-zlib
 }}}

--