[FFmpeg-trac] #1642(avformat:reopened): -f segment: automagically generate #EXTM3U tags to -segment_list generated playlists

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Sep 3 22:36:49 CEST 2012

#1642: -f segment: automagically generate #EXTM3U tags to -segment_list generated
playlists
             Reporter:  kelexel      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:               |

Comment (by kelexel):

 Ok, have tested on Master, applied the 3 attached patches (seems the
 sources changed a bit since you created your patch, but it succeeded with
 a few offsets)

 And, I'm glad to report IT WORKS!
 I've been "watching" myself for 30+ minutes on my iphone, with no issue so
 far.

 For the record, here is my encoding line, I'm sure it can be improved tho
 (note, it's an extract from a script that handles the $stream var ..):

 {{{
 ffmpeg -i rtmp://foo.ext/app/stream -re -acodec libfaac -ar 44000 -b:a 48k
 -vcodec libx264 -s 426x250  -b:v 128k -vpre libx264-ipod320 -flags
 -global_header -map 0 -f segment -segment_time 10 -segment_list_size 10
 -segment_list ${stream}_240p.m3u8 -segment_list_live 1 -segment_list_type
 m3u8 -segment_format mpegts ${stream}_240p%05d.ts"
 }}}

 I think you can safely merge them to Master :)

 Note, if someone using FreeBSD (-9 here) ever reads this thread, DO NOT
 attempt to compile ffmpeg Master using the built-in gcc-4.2 (as discussed
 here: http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1464 ), as it will result in
 corrupt decoding of h264 streams.
 Instead install another version (tested and working with gcc-4.6 from port
 tree), and add --enable-cc=/usr/local/bin/gcc46 to your compile line.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1642#comment:20>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>