[FFmpeg-trac] #1642(avformat:reopened): -f segment: automagically generate #EXTM3U tags to -segment_list generated playlists

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Sep 4 13:05:11 CEST 2012

#1642: -f segment: automagically generate #EXTM3U tags to -segment_list generated
playlists
             Reporter:  kelexel      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:               |

Comment (by saste):

 Replying to [comment:22 kelexel]:
 > Confirmed.
 >
 > If you add #EXT-X-ALLOW-CACHE:0 in the top of the playlist, it (as long
 as mpegts files) are not cached by the client.

 > So if broadcaster drops, and ffmpeg transcoding stops, and broadcaster
 comes back, and ffmpeg transcoding is restarted, hitting refresh on the
 clients will fetch a fresh playlist instead of the locally cached one.

 > May I suggest a -segment_no_cache setting that would append #EXT-X
 -ALLOW-CACHE:0 to the top of the playlist ?

 Not sure about this. I could automatically set #EXT-X-ALLOW-CACHE to 0 if
 live=1, or adopt a new flag to add to live, so that it would be
 -segment_list_flags +live-cache (in this case it would be better to set
 flags rather than separate _live, _cache options etc to have a shorter
 command line and ease extensibility).

 Also, now that I think at it, I wonder if live/cache should be rather
 considered *segment* flags rather than *segment list* flags (but I tend to
 prefer the latter).

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1642#comment:23>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>