[FFmpeg-trac] #2867(FFmpeg:new): Ffmpeg doesn't understand pattern, like "photo*.jpg" and syntax like "photo%03d.jpg"

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Aug 15 18:46:19 CEST 2013

#2867: Ffmpeg doesn't understand pattern, like "photo*.jpg" and syntax like
"photo%03d.jpg"
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  amitoria   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect     |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:             |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0          |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Comment (by amitoria):

 When I write %1 instead %0, command line correctly sends options to
 ffmpeg, but I can't use % in that options second time. For "photo%13d.jpg"
 ffmpeg writes that:
 [image2 @ 02957800] Could find no file with path 'photo3d.jpg' and index
 in the
 range 0-4
 photo3d.jpg: No such file or directory

 For bug report I use example from official doc-s (at bottom of
 http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html page).
 I think, it would be nice to exclude from ffmpeg's command syntax the '%'
 symbol, because it used by command shell.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2867#comment:3>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>