[FFmpeg-trac] #3226(avcodec:new): SEGFAULT in libavcodec in ff_emu_edge_vfix3_mmx.body_loop when playing video in vlc.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Dec 16 15:19:22 CET 2013

#3226: SEGFAULT in libavcodec in ff_emu_edge_vfix3_mmx.body_loop when playing
video in vlc.
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  michalsrb  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect     |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:             |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0          |
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:4 michalsrb]:
 > Replying to [comment:3 cehoyos]:
 > > Does the following command line allow you to reproduce the crash?
 > > {{{
 > > $ for i in {1..30}; do vlc --avi-index 2 --play-and-exit --ffmpeg-
 threads=1 --no-audio sample-file.avi; done;
 > > }}}
 >
 > Yes, it crashed. However I noticed vlc is complaining about the
 --ffmpeg-threads parameter: "Warning: option --ffmpeg-threads no longer
 exists.".

 It was apparently renamed to {{{--avcodec-threads}}}, please test that.

 > And I realized that the vlc and ffmpeg are not from opensuse 12.3
 repositories, but from Packman.
 (http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_12.3/Essentials):

 Of course.

--