[FFmpeg-trac] #3226(avcodec:new): SEGFAULT in libavcodec in ff_emu_edge_vfix3_mmx.body_loop when playing video in vlc.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Dec 18 08:57:27 CET 2013

#3226: SEGFAULT in libavcodec in ff_emu_edge_vfix3_mmx.body_loop when playing
video in vlc.
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  michalsrb  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect     |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:             |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0          |
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 I tested the following with vlc 2.1.2-186.3 and libavcodec55 2.1.1-2.2
 without experiencing a crash:
 {{{
 $ for i in {1..300}; do vlc -V xv --avi-index 2 --play-and-exit --avcodec-
 threads=1 --no-audio sample-file.avi; done
 }}}
 I wonder if this could be related to your video drivers, can you change
 them?
 Please add the missing information to your backtrace, see
 http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3226#comment:8>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>