[FFmpeg-trac] #2231(undetermined:closed): Remuxing some H264 WTV file to TS files generates no audio and excessive clipping messages

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Feb 4 02:51:57 CET 2013

#2231: Remuxing some H264 WTV file to TS files generates no audio and excessive
clipping messages
             Reporter:  ramitbhalla  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Changes (by cehoyos):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:3 ramitbhalla]:
 > the original video plays fine on WMP, so if I'm copying the audio it
 should play right?

 Why do you think so?

 Or to say it differently: Afaict, WMP does not support latm in mpeg-ts. I
 may of course be wrong, so if you have a transport stream containing latm
 that does not play silent in WMP, please reopen this ticket (and please
 provide the sample, it is absolutely ok if it is larger than 10MB, but
 please do not upload 300MB samples just to show they are not playing
 silent).

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2231#comment:4>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>