[FFmpeg-trac] #2099(avformat:closed): FFMPEG Does not allow TrueHD, DTS-Master Audio or DTS in .M4V even though format supports it

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Jan 3 19:41:01 CET 2013

#2099: FFMPEG Does not allow TrueHD, DTS-Master Audio or DTS in .M4V even though
format supports it
             Reporter:  JohnGalt     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by compn):

 all we want is a file, that plays in an ipod, with the specified codec.
 if you can make some samples that play in quicktime or the ipod with those
 codecs, we will add it to ffmpeg.

 we dont want ffmpeg to create non-standard files that only playback with
 ffmpeg.

 if we add a patch without using the proper hex code or isom tag, then it
 wont work in official hardware/software either. so we'd like to see a
 working sample , so we can copy our implementation based on it.

 if you just want to copy your truehd mkv rips to mp4 format to play on
 playstation3 or ipod, there are programs out there to automatically
 transcode and stream files. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS3_Media_Server

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2099#comment:29>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>