[FFmpeg-trac] #2099(avformat:closed): FFMPEG Does not allow TrueHD, DTS-Master Audio or DTS in .M4V even though format supports it

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Jan 3 21:17:27 CET 2013

#2099: FFMPEG Does not allow TrueHD, DTS-Master Audio or DTS in .M4V even though
format supports it
             Reporter:  JohnGalt     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:38 JohnGalt]:
 > In every case if the video is h264 it just copies it. If it's AVI it
 will transcode to h264.

 It transcodes AVI to h264? That's impressive!

 > I'd rather not have to have people choose between 7.1 sound with mkv and
 only 5.1 sound and mp4 for obvious reasons.

 Yes, I agree!
 Just the provide the DTS-HD Master in mp4 sample you tested with GoogleTV
 and I will try to fix this!

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2099#comment:41>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>