[FFmpeg-trac] #2159(undetermined:reopened): FFMPEG not consistently identifying audio tracks and selects audio track with no data

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Jan 20 04:58:22 CET 2013

#2159: FFMPEG not consistently identifying audio tracks and selects audio track
with no data
             Reporter:  ramitbhalla  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by ramitbhalla):

 This is very incorrect:

 Guessed Channel Layout for  Input Stream #0.0 : stereo

 It should give this (like the TS file does):

     Stream #0:1[0x101](eng): Audio: mp3 ([3][0][0][0] / 0x0003), 0
 channels, s16p (hearing impaired)

 I don't understand why in the TS file it reports it correctly as 0
 channels while in the WTV file it "guesses" 2 channels.

 If this is correctly done, then I think it solves the problem of selecting
 the "wrong" default audio also. I remember reading in some documentation
 that ffmpeg chooses the audio track with the highest bit rate/channels etc
 - which is EXCELLENT, except this guessing has completely messed it up.

 3rd Party application depend heavily on the output of the "Stream #" line,
 so any mess up there will completely mess things up.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2159#comment:4>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>