[FFmpeg-trac] #2782(avformat:closed): aac - Malformed AAC bitstream - incorrectly fixed with -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc' option

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Jul 16 12:24:06 CEST 2013

#2782: aac - Malformed AAC bitstream - incorrectly fixed with -bsf:a
aac_adtstoasc' option
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
             Reporter:  feelart     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------

Comment (by feelart):

 >I will close this ticket since I don't see much indication that there is
 anything that should (or can) be fixed in FFmpeg
 Wrong, if you try to change the volume with FFMpeg the output audio can
 not be read any more ! AACgain just fails to perform the volume
 change(normalization), while ffmpeg produces a wrong audio.

 >bitstreamfilters (-bsf) only work with -codec copy so these command lines
 make no sense.

 {{{
 ffmpeg -i alice.aac -c:a copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -vol 312 test.aac
 }}}
 That does not work, because copy and vol are mutually exclusive...

 Also, wrong output with

 {{{
 ffmpeg -i alice.aac -vol 312 test.aac
 }}}

 >Do the command lines actually make sense?
 As far, as I understand FFmpeg, to me yes, maybe not to you.

 >P.S. Work in progress against annoying important de-synch bugs such as
 ticket #2400?
 Patch welcome but note that I suspect it is trivial to workaround that
 issue, just copy audio into an adts container.

 Well, if it is that trivial, I'm surprised it's not already patched, maybe
 for next commit.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2782#comment:8>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>