[FFmpeg-trac] #1720(avformat:open): ffmpeg with -vcodec copy -acodec copy creates files "without audio" for certain players

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Nov 17 14:18:05 CET 2013

#1720: ffmpeg with -vcodec copy -acodec copy creates files "without audio" for
certain players
             Reporter:  rogerdpack   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  open
             Blocking:               |

Comment (by reimar):

 I have the suspicion that the MPEG-1 format might be default because it's
 the only one that Windows Media Player (used to) be able to play out of
 the box.
 So far my "solution" is to force users to explicitly specify what they
 want, but it's not exactly a good solution.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1720#comment:18>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>