[FFmpeg-trac] #1720(avformat:closed): ffmpeg with -vcodec copy -acodec copy creates files "without audio" for certain players

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Nov 25 20:55:23 CET 2013

#1720: ffmpeg with -vcodec copy -acodec copy creates files "without audio" for
certain players
             Reporter:  rogerdpack   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |

Comment (by rogerdpack):

 nice:

 [mpeg @ 049766c0] ac3 in MPEG-1 system streams is not widely supported,
 consider using the vob or the dvd muxer to force a MPEG-2 program stream.

 (Or do you think that perhaps it would be better to check for
 "approved/typical" codecs and warn when it doesn't match that list
 instead?)  Something to think about, in case anybody tries putting other
 weird formats in them.

 Either way, if you send me a patch that makes MPEG-2 system streams
 default (for me to try to push through dev later) then I'd say you deserve
 the bounty (email me rogerdpack at gmail.com for $ transfer :).

 Thanks, at least now users can understand now...

 @Illusion yours seems odd as well, could you possibly file a new trac
 ticket for it, since it feels like it might be barely a separate issue.
 Thank you!

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1720#comment:24>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>