[FFmpeg-trac] #3064(undetermined:new): Audio drafting out of sync on Samsung TV with ffmpeg created MP4 or MKV file

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Oct 21 04:21:33 CEST 2013

#3064: Audio drafting out of sync on Samsung TV with ffmpeg created MP4 or MKV
file
             Reporter:  ramitbhalla  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by ramitbhalla):

 Yes to the above, even without the map options it still happens.
 It also happnens with aac, initialy I thhought it was because of aac so I
 built a cusotm version of ffmpeg with libfdk thinking it may fix the
 issue.
 It also happens with ac3, so it's not codec specific (happens with ac3,
 fdk, aac, mpeg4 and libx264).

 by quantizer I suspect you mean qscale, I tried 1 and 20 and it happens
 with both. It doesn't drift much, a little like in 20 minutes it drifts by
 about 1-2 seconds.

 Any ideas?

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/3064#comment:5>