[FFmpeg-trac] #3064(undetermined:new): Audio drafting out of sync on Samsung TV with ffmpeg created MP4 or MKV file

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Oct 23 14:31:03 CEST 2013

#3064: Audio drafting out of sync on Samsung TV with ffmpeg created MP4 or MKV
file
             Reporter:  ramitbhalla  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:25 ramitbhalla]:
 > I see you point, but am still confused as to how idet or ffmpeg can tell
 me whether the input is telecine

 It cannot (directly) because this wasn't implemented, see ticket #3073.

 > or interlaced or progressive?

 But if it reports both (many) interlaced and (many) progressive frames
 with numbers of the same magnitude the only explanations (imo) are that
 either the stream changed from interlaced to progressive or progressive to
 interlaced half way through (this is very common for long 25fps recordings
 where I live due to live content vs commercials) or that the stream is
 telecined.

 Note that my original comment was not meant to suggest using idet, I just
 wanted to make sure that you know that yadif should only be used on
 interlaced content (because it damages all other content permanently).
 And I wanted to know why you believe idet is unreliable (when all other
 methods except visual inspection are known to simply not work, see
 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/42613).

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/3064#comment:26>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>