[FFmpeg-trac] #3092(undetermined:new): [swscaler @ 0128b200] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set range

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Oct 29 07:00:47 CET 2013

#3092: [swscaler @ 0128b200] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set
range
             Reporter:  ahsan        |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
 Summary of the bug:

 I build the filtering_video example code using latest
 ffmpeg-20131026-git-c78a416-win32-dev version of ffmpeg on windows 7
 platform using Micro Soft Visual Studio 2012.

 When i try to use .jpg image with this example i get following message

 [swscaler @ 0128b200] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set
 range

 during the processing and the example crashes at the
 "av_frame_free(&frame);" call in main with the message
 First-chance exception at 0x53567E74 (avutil-52.dll) in Sharpness.exe:
 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xF666F656.

 Please let me know if there is something else which needs to be performed
 to avoid this crash

 How to reproduce:
 {{{
 % filtering_video.exe BryceCanyon4.jpg

 ffmpeg version -- ffmpeg-20131026-git-c78a416-win32-dev
 built on -- Windows 7 MSVC Express 2012

 }}}

 Please let me know if there is a work around to avoid this memory crash
 issue?

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/3092>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>