[FFmpeg-trac] #2828(avformat:new): HLS segment MPEGTS continuity counter is being incorrectly set to 0 on each segment

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat Sep 28 02:08:55 CEST 2013

#2828: HLS segment MPEGTS continuity counter is being incorrectly set to 0 on each
segment
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  dlevinson5   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by dicroce):

 Replying to [comment:6 dlevinson5]:
 > I have a feeling this issue will never be corrected. I have provided a
 command-line sample on how to generate segments, provided the active
 functions and code locations for the issue and also provided a work
 around.

 > My work around is certainly a hack and NOT thread safe. The parameters
 need to be added to a context. Given that each segment is treated as a
 separate file encoding with a different mark in/out point I could not find
 a simple way to pass the counter between encodings. I needed a quick fix
 and the static variable works since I am using ffmpeg in a command-line
 situation. I suppose I could have added the value to the AVContext which
 would be cleaner.

 I totally appreciate your work on this. It gets me a little farther down
 the road! The issue is that I'm going to need a more permanent solution. I
 don't really mind applying a patch on top of ffmpeg (if they won't fix
 this), but it does need to be thread safe. I'll take a look at adding your
 statics to AVContext this weekend.

--
Ticket URL: <https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/2828#comment:7>
FFmpeg <http://ffmpeg.org>