[FFmpeg-trac] #3602(avformat:new): Use Matroska A_QUICKTIME instead of deprecated A_QUICKTIME/**** (A_QUICKTIME/QDMC, A_QUICKTIME/QDM2) Codec IDs.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Jun 3 13:51:03 CEST 2014

#3602: Use Matroska A_QUICKTIME instead of deprecated A_QUICKTIME/****
(A_QUICKTIME/QDMC, A_QUICKTIME/QDM2) Codec IDs.
             Reporter:  Vika         |                    Owner:
  Apelsinova                         |                   Status:  new
                 Type:  enhancement  |                Component:  avformat
             Blocking:               |

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Why?

 I mean: Why do you suggest that FFmpeg should create files that some
 players (applications) will not support while you apparently found out
 that all relevant players support files created by current FFmpeg?
 Don't you agree that we should at least wait some time before we update
 the code to output incompatible files by default?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3602#comment:5>