[FFmpeg-trac] #3602(avformat:new): Use Matroska A_QUICKTIME instead of deprecated A_QUICKTIME/**** (A_QUICKTIME/QDMC, A_QUICKTIME/QDM2) Codec IDs.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Jun 5 16:52:27 CEST 2014

#3602: Use Matroska A_QUICKTIME instead of deprecated A_QUICKTIME/****
(A_QUICKTIME/QDMC, A_QUICKTIME/QDM2) Codec IDs.
             Reporter:  Vika         |                    Owner:
  Apelsinova                         |                   Status:  new
                 Type:  enhancement  |                Component:  avformat
             Blocking:               |

Comment (by Vika Apelsinova):

 Replying to [comment:5 cehoyos]:
 > Don't you agree that we should at least wait some time before we update
 the code to output incompatible files by default?

 Looks like the latest versions of all popular open source players at this
 moment support A_QUICKTIME (without a trailing codec name) scheme (VLC,
 MPayer, FFMPEG, etc.). How much time is necessary to wait and for what? Is
 there hardware players that don't support decoding files with A_QUICKTIME
 (without a trailing codec name) Codec ID?

 FFMPEG producing MKV files using A_QUICKTIME/QDM2, MKVToolNix producing
 MKV files using A_QUICKTIME (without a trailing codec name) according to
 specs. Don't you agree that we need standardization?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3602#comment:9>