[FFmpeg-trac] #3699(avfilter:new): Ability to use expressions using Drawtext to offset frame number without returning double

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Jun 6 22:44:12 CEST 2014

#3699: Ability to use expressions using Drawtext to offset frame number without
returning double
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  synth        |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by synth):

 Replying to [comment:1 cehoyos]:
 > Replying to [ticket:3699 synth]:
 > > Currently the only way I've seen for offsetting the drawtext is to do:
 > >
 > > text='%{expr\:n+OFFSET}'
 > >
 > > where OFFSET is the number used for -start_frame. Unfortunately this
 won't work for us because the return value from expr is a double like
 1001.000000 and it doesn't seem there's a way to convert that to int or
 convert it to a value like %04d.

 > Did you consider providing a command line (including complete, uncut
 console output) that allows to reproduce this?
 [[BR]]

 You can find the full command and output at:
 [http://mellow.me/ffmpeg_debug/output.txt]

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3699#comment:2>