[FFmpeg-trac] #3649(avutil:new): Solaris Intel static libraries required AMD 3D NOW even though the CPU doesn't support

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Jun 18 12:16:17 CEST 2014

#3649: Solaris Intel static libraries required AMD 3D NOW even though the CPU
doesn't support
---------------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  bmitchel       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect         |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:                 |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0              |
---------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:10 bmitchel]:
 > I ended up getting the latest version of ffmpeg from GIT.

 Was this a problem?
 The reason I ask is that if a documentation update is needed, please tell
 us!

 > It was configured using the flags:
 > --disable-protocol=udp --disable-encoder=nellymoser --cc=cc --cxx=CC
 --disable-doc

 Do I understand correctly that {{{./configure && make}}} fails? (Or in the
 case of Solaris {{{bash configure && make}}}.)
 Please report this! This is the recommended compilation method and we
 would like to know if it doesn't work.

 > I had to make a couple of changes to get this working on Solaris:
 > 1) version.sh I had to change the shell to /bin/bash (could just be
 something with my environment)

 Isn't this documented in
 https://ffmpeg.org/platform.html#g_t_0028Open_0029Solaris ? Or are you
 describing another issue?

 > 2) I had to change line 205 of libswscale/x86/swscale.c to remove the
 "return" from a void function, as it appears the Oracle compiler doesn't
 like this.

 Could you provide the compilation error and the compiler version? This
 will make committing a fix easier.

 > After that did compile however, still having an issue with the linked
 executable containing an instruction set that isn't supported by the CPU.

 Sorry, I still didn't understand: If you use the static libraries to link
 a new executable does it fail? Or when does it fail?

 > ld.so.1: test.i386: fatal: test.i386: hardware capability (CA_SUNW_HW_1)
 unsupported: 0x100  [ AMD_3DNow ]
 > Killed

 > The ffmpeg executable linked with the Oracle C compiler doesn't appear
 to have this same issue.

 I thought you are only using the Oracle C compiler or do I misunderstand?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3649#comment:14>