[FFmpeg-trac] #3649(undetermined:new): Solaris Intel static libraries required AMD 3D NOW even though the CPU doesn't support

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Jun 23 12:45:20 CEST 2014

#3649: Solaris Intel static libraries required AMD 3D NOW even though the CPU
doesn't support
             Reporter:  bmitchel     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:31 bmitchel]:
 > Replying to [comment:29 cehoyos]:
 > > Did you test the configure option {{{--disable-amd3dnow}}} as
 suggested by Hendrik in comment:2? Does it fix the issue with the invalid
 instruction set?

 > No, it does not.

 Could you try with the patch I just attached and {{{--disable-amd3dnow}}}?
 This "fixes" {{{nm ffmpeg_g|grep 3dnow}}} here.

 > {{{
 > barney(bradm) elfdump -H libavcodec/libavcodec.a
 > libavcodec/libavcodec.a(dsputilenc_mmx.o):
 >
 > Capabilities Section:  .SUNW_cap
 >
 >  Object Capabilities:
 >      index  tag               value
 >        [0]  CA_SUNW_HW_1     0x400963  [ SSSE3 SSE AMD_3DNow MMX CMOV
 TSC FPU ]
 > }}}

 This is difficult to understand since libavcodec/x86/dsputilenc_mmx.c does
 not contain 3DNow-related code afaict.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3649#comment:34>