[FFmpeg-trac] #3444(undetermined:closed): -r not setting frame rate. -vf fps=25 takes 10 times longer to created video.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Mar 7 19:47:51 CET 2014

#3444: -r not setting frame rate. -vf fps=25 takes 10 times longer to created
video.
             Reporter:  JoeJohnson   |                    Owner:
                 Type:  task         |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Changes (by cehoyos):

 * priority:  important => normal
 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:3 JoeJohnson]:
 > I am not getting an error when I create the video in either case.  When
 I open the video created without "-vf fps=25" in VLC, it does not play
 properly.

 Please use {{{-vf fps=3}}} (or a higher value) if you need vlc playback.

 > I am able to play the video with a codec pack like k-lite, but not with
 VLC.

 > The CPU being a 100% makes the computer unusable during encoding.  I am
 looking for a way to shorten this time, or drop the max CPU use to around
 80%.

 Sorry, I don't think there is anything about the problems you see that can
 be fixed within FFmpeg.
 On a Posix system, you can use {{{nice}}}, I believe there are ways to
 reduce the priority for Windows tasks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3444#comment:4>