[FFmpeg-trac] #3586(avcodec:new): [discrepancy with libav] avcodec_encode_video2 merges packet side data with the packet body

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat May 3 09:29:08 CEST 2014

#3586: [discrepancy with libav] avcodec_encode_video2 merges packet side data with
the packet body
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  Lastique  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect    |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0         |

Comment (by Lastique):

 I'm not insisting on merging it, that's the patch we used to solve the
 problem on our side.

 I don't see where ABI is broken. No public structures or function
 signatures are changed. The patch changes the behavior to be in sync with
 libav, and that was the intention.

 Could you clarify what unrelated code is removed?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3586#comment:10>