[FFmpeg-trac] #3649(avutil:new): Solaris Intel static libraries required AMD 3D NOW even though the CPU doesn't support

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat May 17 04:23:48 CEST 2014

#3649: Solaris Intel static libraries required AMD 3D NOW even though the CPU
doesn't support
---------------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  bmitchel       |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:                 |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0              |
---------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Summary of the bug:

 Static lib compiled on Solaris Intel compiles in AMD3DNOW CPU instructions
 even though the configure explicitly doesn't find a CPU capable of the
 instructions.  Dynamic libraries are fine however (which I am unsure of
 why).

 How to reproduce:
 {{{
 Compile libavutil as a static lib on Solaris Intel with SSE extensions.
 Link in libavutil etc to a simple main with the avcodec register init
 functions.
 Run file <output> on the binary to show the required CPU extensions.

 Note, I ended up putting a #ifdef around the explicit AMD 3D NOW code in
 x86/float_dsp_init.c around the INLINE_AMD3DNOWEXT() stuff and the
 function vector_fmul_window_3dnowext.

 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3649>