[FFmpeg-trac] #3649(avutil:new): Solaris Intel static libraries required AMD 3D NOW even though the CPU doesn't support

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon May 26 02:03:39 CEST 2014

#3649: Solaris Intel static libraries required AMD 3D NOW even though the CPU
doesn't support
---------------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  bmitchel       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect         |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:                 |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0              |
---------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Comment (by cehoyos):

 Replying to [comment:3 bmitchel]:
 > I tried compiling 2.2.2 on Solaris Intel and I'm failing to link ffmpeg.

 Please test current FFmpeg git head.

 > LD      ffmpeg_g
 > symbol                             in file
 > ff_synth_filter_inner_sse2
 libavcodec/libavcodec.a(dcadsp_init.o)
 > ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to ffmpeg_g
 > gmake: *** [ffmpeg_g] Error 2

 I am unable to reproduce this problem with FFmpeg 2.2.2.

 > bash ./configure --extra-cflags="-fPIC" --disable-mmx --disable-
 protocol=udp --disable-encoder=nellymoser --cc=cc --cxx=CC --disable-doc

 Why are you using {{{--disable-mmx}}}? This seems like a very bad option,
 don't you agree?
 Are {{{--cc}}} and {{{-cxx}}} necessary? Why?

 Is your original problem only that the output of {{{file}}} is not
 satisfying or do you have actual problems with your linked executable?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3649#comment:4>