[FFmpeg-trac] #3682(undetermined:new): The picture freezes but the audio continues when using ffplay on a video coming from a Samsung S3

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed May 28 21:16:25 CEST 2014

#3682: The picture freezes but the audio continues when using ffplay on a video
coming from a Samsung S3
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
             Reporter:  gouessej  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect    |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0         |
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment (by gouessej):

 Replying to [comment:6 cehoyos]:
 > Replying to [comment:4 gouessej]:
 > > I've just tried the very latest build, I get the following error
 message:
 > > instruction not allowed
 >
 > This sounds important, how can I reproduce this?
 I assume the static library has been compiled with some SIMD instructions
 only available in SSE2 and later. As there were only ffmpeg and ffprobe in
 the archive, just run "ffmpeg -version" on a computer whose microprocessor
 has no support of SSE2, for example an Intel Pentium 3 or an AMD Sempron.
 If I'm right, it's not very important as it's possible to disable this
 requirement. Mageia Linux 5 (Cauldron, unstable) bundles ffmpeg 2.2.2, the
 packager always does its best to make it work with non SSE2
 microprocessors.

 Is this ticket valid if I reproduce the bug with ffmpeg 2.2.2 or do you
 want me to rebuild ffmpeg from source?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3682#comment:7>