[FFmpeg-trac] #3963(swscale:new): Should sws_getCachedContext have parameters for srcRange and dstRange? Does handle_jpeg return the correct range values?

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sat Sep 20 00:15:24 CEST 2014

#3963: Should sws_getCachedContext have parameters for srcRange and dstRange?
Does handle_jpeg return the correct range values?
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
             Reporter:  mantler      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  enhancement  |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
Changes (by gjdfgh):

 * cc: nfxjfg@… (added)

Comment:

 In my opinion, no. There are too many parameters, and we'd end up
 extending this function all the time.

 Actually I had a patch that changes the swscale API to:
 sws_scale(sws_context *ctx, AVFrame *out, AVFrame *in), and the ctx would
 be automatically reconfigured to the AVFrame parameters. Maybe I should
 revive it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3963#comment:1>