[FFmpeg-trac] #4774(ffmpeg:new): Incompatibilities between XBMC/Kodi & mkvalidator relating to how FFmpeg muxes MKVs

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Aug 16 16:29:40 CEST 2015

#4774: Incompatibilities between XBMC/Kodi & mkvalidator relating to how FFmpeg
muxes MKVs
             Reporter:  Drag0nFly    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |

Comment (by gjdfgh):

 >had the FFmpeg muxer conformed to spec,

 Sorry but there's no spec. Maybe kodi devs should investigate exactly what
 caused this issue, and then we can decide whether ffmpeg did something
 wrong enough that it has to be fixed, or whether kodi should just fix
 their issue.

 >I had the impression that the packet durations were embedded in the
 pgssubs themselves,

 That's true. Whether the container should have redundant duration is a
 different question. (At least mpv doesn't use the packet duration if it
 can get the duration from the subtitle decoder. And that's a necessity,
 because image subtitles rarely have a packet duration set.)

 The CUE durations seem to be set though - this is what matters for
 seeking.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4774#comment:12>