[FFmpeg-trac] #4643(undetermined:new): Multiple "Past duration 0.XXXXXX too large" and "dup=0 drop=1" messages when reencoding a H.264 source to x264

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Aug 24 18:51:58 CEST 2015

#4643: Multiple "Past duration 0.XXXXXX too large" and "dup=0 drop=1" messages
when reencoding a H.264 source to x264
--------------------------------+----------------------------------------
             Reporter:  birdie  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect  |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:          |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0       |
--------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment (by mysteryegg):

 I'm not referring to running ffmpeg on a stream; I'm referring to the
 method of encoding the original mp4 file. The video clip had to originate
 from some content. If it was generated by video footage and encoded into
 h264 directly by the capture device, such as the case if your smart phone
 recorded video from its camera, then that was live video captured into
 h264 and very likely to have variations in frame sizes. If it was
 computer-generated animation, then the frames are more likely to be evenly
 spaced.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4643#comment:12>