[FFmpeg-trac] #4774(avformat:new): Incompatibilities between XBMC/Kodi & mkvalidator relating to how FFmpeg muxes MKVs

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Aug 25 14:16:12 CEST 2015

#4774: Incompatibilities between XBMC/Kodi & mkvalidator relating to how FFmpeg
muxes MKVs
             Reporter:  Drag0nFly    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |

Comment (by Drag0nFly):

 No, I was unfortunately not able to revert the commit as it produces the
 following error on both test systems (and I am not well-versed enough with
 git to work around it)–

 git revert 39442b1a1b22f32a1f43eaf7e67c7fedee43b601
 error: could not revert 39442b1... matroskaenc: Add CuePoints for subtitle
 tracks
 hint: after resolving the conflicts, mark the corrected paths
 hint: with 'git add <paths>' or 'git rm <paths>'
 hint: and commit the result with 'git commit'

 I would need to do an encode to be able to determine if it had an impact.
 I doubt it fixes the issue, as re-muxing without subs (with mkvtoolnix)
 still leaves the issue unchanged (but with one less warning from
 mkvalidator). That is, unless FFMpeg inherently alters something else when
 one or more sub streams are initially present.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4774#comment:23>