[FFmpeg-trac] #5071(avformat:new): FFmpeg doesn't use the correct palette when playing Apple Graphics (SMC) in Matroska

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Dec 6 15:37:45 CET 2015

#5071: FFmpeg doesn't use the correct palette when playing Apple Graphics (SMC) in
Matroska
----------------------------------+---------------------------------------
             Reporter:  matsp888  |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0         |
 I know this isn't really an urgent issue, more towards exotic actually. I
 just wanted to mention that FFmpeg doesn't use the correct palette when
 playing Apple Graphics (SMC) encoded video in Matroska. The question is if
 it uses a specific palette whatsoever, since most of the output is just
 black. I should add that it has no problems playing Apple Graphics in
 QuickTime, but that is another story...

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5071>