[FFmpeg-trac] #5071(avformat:new): FFmpeg doesn't use the correct palette when playing Apple Graphics (SMC) in Matroska

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Dec 6 16:50:58 CET 2015

#5071: FFmpeg doesn't use the correct palette when playing Apple Graphics (SMC) in
Matroska
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  matsp888     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
-------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Comment (by matsp888):

 The sample file is created with mkvmerge. I have also tried to convert
 with FFmpeg, to no avail. It's not really the file that is invalid, since
 the private data in it is alright (it contains all of the 'stsd' atom. No
 application plays the file correctly, since I am in Linux, and every
 player I have here relies on libavcodec/libavformat (unfortunately). There
 is really no need to provide a command line, just play the sample file in
 MPlayer or FFplay, and you will see that most of the output is black.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5071#comment:4>