[FFmpeg-trac] #4305(undetermined:new): V_UNCOMPRESSED matroska files get invalid colour space for many pixel formats

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Feb 11 14:05:33 CET 2015

#4305: V_UNCOMPRESSED matroska files get invalid colour space for many pixel
formats
             Reporter:  vi           |                     Type:  defect
  format,mkv,V_UNCOMPRESSED,colour   |
  space,rgb24                        |
             Blocking:               |
 How to reproduce:
 {{{
 % ffmpeg  -f rawvideo -pix_fmt rgb24 -r 1 -t 1 -s 32x32 -i /dev/zero -c
 copy -y /tmp/z.mkv && mkvinfo -v -x /tmp/z.mkv | grep Colour
 |   + Colour space: length 4, data: 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
 }}}

 When colour format is not yuyv422, yuv422p ,yuv410p ,yuv411p ,gray,
 uyvy422, uyyvyy411 ,nv12, nv21 or yvyu422, ColourSpace element gets value
 of 4 zeroes. No warnings are issued when muxing.

 Such files can't be easily decoded, even if I specify "-pix_fmt" option
 when decoding.

 Saving any raw data to mkv can be useful, for example, for recoring fast
 uncompressed lossless screen captures. Additionally I think FFmpeg should
 be able to save anything whatsoever to Matroska, as it is an extensible
 format.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4305>