[FFmpeg-trac] #4221(undetermined:new): Teletext streams from DVB-S recording (mis)identified as MP3 audio with 0 channels / unknown stream

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Sun Jan 4 20:58:08 CET 2015

#4221: Teletext streams from DVB-S recording (mis)identified as MP3 audio with 0
channels / unknown stream
--------------------------------+----------------------------------------
             Reporter:  olifre  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect  |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:          |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0       |
--------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment (by olifre):

 Thanks kierank for your quick reply!

 This is indeed the case. I just checked with szap-s2 recording the same
 channel with PAT, PMT and teletext - ffprobe works fine then, while
 without PMT, the detection fails.

 Still, without PMT, video and audio channels are detected just fine, only
 teletext gets broken.

 I will try to implement PMT-PID extraction from PAT into mpv, this should
 fix it also there.

 Does this invalidate the bug, as the issue can be resolved by adding the
 PMT (then you can just close it), or should it be left as a wish to have a
 clearer error message ("PMT missing => decoding may fail")?

 Thanks again!

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4221#comment:4>