[FFmpeg-trac] #4232(ffmpeg:new): gdigrab does not get correct monitor resolution on hidpi device when grabbing desktop

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Wed Jan 7 16:26:54 CET 2015

#4232: gdigrab does not get correct monitor resolution on hidpi device when
grabbing desktop
             Reporter:  umansky      |                     Type:  defect
  desktop                            |               Blocked By:
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
 Summary of the bug: On a hidpi device such as a touchscreen tablet,
 running Windows 7, attempting to grab the desktop when the DPI setting is
 set to a number higher than 100% in Control Panel\Appearance and
 Personalization\Display results in a cropped video and does not grab the
 entire desktop.

 If I set the DPI setting back to 100%, gdigrab correctly gets the right
 resolution, but this is undesierable as text is practically impossible to
 read.

 How to reproduce:
 {{{
 % ffmpeg.exe -f gdigrab -i desktop video.mp4 -report
 ffmpeg version N-68881-ga79ac73 Copyright (c) 2000-2015 the FFmpeg
 developers
   built on Jan  5 2015 22:02:22 with gcc 4.9.2 (GCC)
 }}}

 This reports the resolution of the tablet as 1280x800, when the actual
 resolution of the screen is 1920x1200.

 If I give it the -video_size flag to be the actual resolution of the
 monitor, it says I've gone out of bounds.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4232>