[FFmpeg-trac] #4238(build system:new): AVFoundation indev is allowed on OS X 10.7 but uses CoreGraphics framework which is 10.8 only

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Jan 9 10:42:18 CET 2015

#4238: AVFoundation indev is allowed on OS X 10.7 but uses CoreGraphics framework
which is 10.8 only
--------------------------------+----------------------------------------
             Reporter:  nieder  |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect  |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:          |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0       |
--------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Comment (by thilo.borgmann):

 I don't have a 10.7 setup ready to test, however Apple says that
 CoreGraphics is available for OSX >= 10.0, maybe as part of
 ApplicationServices where the CG prefix also arises:
 https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/OSX_Technology_Overview/SystemFrameworks/SystemFrameworks.html

 > (The CoreGraphics framework used to be a subcomponent of
 ApplicationServices before 10.8, but the linker flag as provided doesn't
 help there).

 So can you link avfoundation support successfully on <= 10.7 when linking
 against ApplicationServices instead of CoreGraphics?

 A patch would be welcome, I don't have <= 10.7 and almost no time to work
 on it these days.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4238#comment:1>