[FFmpeg-trac] #4549(avutil:new): /usr/bin/ld: libavutil/color_utils.o: relocation R_X86_64_32S against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue May 12 11:37:00 CEST 2015

#4549: /usr/bin/ld: libavutil/color_utils.o: relocation R_X86_64_32S against
`.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------
             Reporter:  hendry       |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0            |
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Comment (by hendry):

 Is there an easy way to binary search through 38 switches of configure?
 Good news is that I managed to build with just:

   ./configure \
   --prefix=/usr \
   --enable-vaapi \
   --enable-libx264 \
   --enable-gpl \
   --enable-hwaccel=h264

 So some combination with the existing options of
 https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/ffmpeg
 mixed in with Intel hardware acceleration that I'm looking for creates the
 issue. Argh. :(

 To make matters worse, enabling VAAPI on my Intel Broadwell laptop seems
 to make ZERO time difference encoding h264. Sigh.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4549#comment:3>