[FFmpeg-trac] #4989(undetermined:closed): avfilter_graph_create_filter() eventually hits pthread::EAGAIN on multi-threading

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Nov 5 21:53:53 CET 2015

#4989: avfilter_graph_create_filter() eventually hits pthread::EAGAIN on multi-
threading
             Reporter:  czhang384    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Changes (by czhang384):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 I guess I finger out the reason. It is exactly for my investigation 1: 25
 threads initialized for thread_init_internal().

 When I use 4 threads and each threads call 2 times, sooner or later the
 threads uses up the resources (mine just takes potential hours). I notice
 there is lock for thread-operation overall. So I guess some time the lock
 is released to create but not destroy, so that is why it hits the limit
 and crash.

 Leave my comment here in case there is future similar problem here.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4989#comment:2>