[FFmpeg-trac] #3823(avformat:reopened): RTP encoding of MJPEG from Trendnet TV-IP651WI (IP cam) gives undecodable stream

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Nov 13 03:19:08 CET 2015

#3823: RTP encoding of MJPEG from Trendnet TV-IP651WI (IP cam) gives undecodable
stream
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
             Reporter:  Krieger     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect      |                   Status:  reopened
             Blocking:              |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Analyzed by developer:  0           |
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by andrey.utkin):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 With a build of b3f8d871eeda38991108db7151e6c396808b22fe (Oct 8 2015), I
 get "error RFC 2435 requires standard Huffman tables for jpeg" and no
 output on RTP encoding of yuv422p JPEG stream. The same stream is encoded
 with artifacts with a build of 7f64a7503b19b39f1251e4380987034c569bebf5
 (Apr 11 2015).

 @cehoyos, according to your last comment this is not intended behaviour,
 as you seem to strive to fix this case completely. Also RFC seem to allow
 custom Huffman tables, but I may be missing something...

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3823#comment:11>