[FFmpeg-trac] #4912(undetermined:new): While decoding an flv video av_codec_decode_video2 fails to decode the 2nd frame at first but succeeds after seeking.

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Tue Oct 6 15:37:44 CEST 2015

#4912: While decoding an flv video av_codec_decode_video2 fails to decode the 2nd
frame at first but succeeds after seeking.
             Reporter:  tr3wory      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by tr3wory):

 It was recorded with Wowza:
 we record the user's webcam from flash, and stream it to the server.
 (I removed the audio stream later with ffmpeg, but the original has the
 same problem
 if I properly skip the audio packets)

 It is entirely possible that the file format is not conforming, but since
 ffmpeg can decode the frames properly after seeking, it looks like there
 is some problem on the ffmpeg side too.

 And I have hundreds of videos like this, so it's a one-off problem.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4912#comment:2>