[FFmpeg-trac] #5479(undetermined:new): h264 re-encoding to flv rtmp protocol "Invalid data found when processing input" "PES packet size mismatch"

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Apr 28 00:52:21 CEST 2016

#5479: h264 re-encoding to flv rtmp protocol "Invalid data found when processing
input" "PES packet size mismatch"
             Reporter:  Sirisian     |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by Sirisian):

 Replying to [comment:1 cehoyos]:
 here: http://sirisian.com/randomfiles/h264streamtest.mp4

 > Does this file allow to reproduce your issue?

 That's a good question. It does not. I just tried and under even extreme
 stress where it was reading at 13 fps it didn't fail. I tested again with
 the network stream and it failed after 7 minutes. I also checked and the
 machine isn't running out of memory before it fails (2 GB free of 4 GBs).

 That said I found something interesting. ffmpeg spikes in memory usage
 going from a constant 12.5% (500 MiB) the whole time it's running smoothly
 to 14.7% (588 MiB) within a second right before it fails (or after, very
 hard to tell) and continues to rise. Seems to be something that can only
 be reproduced from a network stream.

 This could make it hard to reproduce unless one of the devs has an H264
 network stream to use or can mimic one with my file and a slow device. I'd
 be willing to test ideas.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5479#comment:2>