[FFmpeg-trac] #5782(undetermined:new): Cannot play m4a files with mpd v0.19.18 but their dev team suspects the bug is with ffmpeg

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Aug 15 22:15:46 EEST 2016

#5782: Cannot play m4a files with mpd v0.19.18 but their dev team suspects the bug
is with ffmpeg
             Reporter:  graysky      |                     Type:  defect
             Blocking:               |  Reproduced by developer:  0
 Summary of the bug:
 Mpd v0.19.18 no longer plays m4a encoded files.
 [[https://bugs.musicpd.org/view.php?id=4564|Here]] is the bug report made
 against mpd wherein one of their developers suspects that the bug reported
 lies with ffmpeg.  The technical details are above my head so please see
 his or her comments in that report.

 How to reproduce:
 A free test file maybe obtained like so:
 `wget http://cdn.online-convert.com/example-file/audio/example.m4a`

 Playing with ffplay works as expected but playing from within mpd does
 not.  The complete mpd.log is available at the link above but it
 essentially echos the following line thousands of times and does not play:

 `Aug 07 16:35 : ffmpeg: avcodec_send_packet() failed: Invalid data found
 when processing input`

 I attached here the output of `ffmpeg -v 9 -loglevel 99 -i example.m4a`
 per the directing webpage although I don't know what value it adds.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5782>