[FFmpeg-trac] #5781(undetermined:closed): avcodec_send_packet() fails with m4a files when AVCodecContext is created with avcodec_alloc_context3()

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Thu Aug 18 14:03:23 EEST 2016

#5781: avcodec_send_packet() fails with m4a files when AVCodecContext is created
with avcodec_alloc_context3()
             Reporter:  patacca      |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  closed
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0

Comment (by cirrus):

 jamrial, I can't find documentation on this requirement in the FFmpeg API
 documentation. Quite contrary, none of the code samples has this call.

 I'm not quite happy with the situation. I closed the bug report on the MPD
 bug tracker as an apparent FFmpeg bug, because I couldn't find anything
 that's wrong with MPD.

 This looks like a secret trick, but it shouldn't be secret. Did I miss
 something?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5781#comment:4>