[FFmpeg-trac] #5713(undetermined:new): While remuxing a MKV's filled-zero bytes can trim, the timestamp still remain

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Fri Jul 15 12:00:30 EEST 2016

#5713: While remuxing a MKV's filled-zero bytes can trim, the timestamp still
remain
             Reporter:  PureOcean    |                    Owner:
                 Type:  defect       |                   Status:  new
             Blocking:               |               Blocked By:
Analyzed by developer:  0            |  Reproduced by developer:  0
Changes (by cehoyos):

 * version:  unspecified => git-master
 * component:  ffmpeg => undetermined
 * reproduced:  1 => 0

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:5713 PureOcean]:
 > I contacted to '''Carl Eugen Hoyos'''. He is reproduced and confirm the
 issue:

 I believe this is a lie.

 Reproducing your findings is trivial, I don't know if there is a bug.
 Two files, mkv and mov, are provided that contain large areas filled with
 zeroes (incomplete torrent download). Remuxing the mov sample does not
 change its size, remuxing the mkv file reduces the size by >70%. The
 output mkv file plays as good as the input mkv file.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5713#comment:1>