[FFmpeg-trac] #5654(avdevice:new): avfoundation screen capture produces misaligned picture at 1366x768 resolution

FFmpeg trac at avcodec.org
Mon Jun 20 21:34:04 CEST 2016

#5654: avfoundation screen capture produces misaligned picture at 1366x768
resolution
             Reporter:               |                     Type:  defect
  evanrinehart                       |                 Priority:  normal
             Blocking:               |
 Following the instructions here
 https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Capture/Desktop for OSX to try and get a .mov
 screen capture video will output a .mov file whose picture seems to have
 each row shifted a constant amount to the right with respect to the
 previous row. So the image appears skewed.

 By specifying each of the available pixel_formats I am able to get
 different amounts of skew, or in the case of nv12, also some fun random
 green artifacts thrown in. 0rgb bgr0 gives almost visible pictures, these
 seem to be off by 1 pixel in each row, giving a 2:1 skew.

 Using .avi instead of .mov gives essentially the same picture only with
 worse quality due to chosen compression. So it doesn't seem like the
 output format is the problem.

 rkern in #ffmpeg reported that it works for them at resolutions 1280x720,
 960x540, 1024x576
 but I can't check this since I can't change the rez on my macbook air.

 Attaching the .mov file and a raw YUV frame.

 Specifics:
 ffmpeg-3.0.2 or current git master (0ea58059)
 OSX El Captaina
 Macbook Air with screen resolution 1366x768

 Command:
 ffmpeg -f avfoundation -i "1:0" out.mov

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5654>